David Garrow is a Pulitzer Prize-winning historian, best known for his biography on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. published in 1986. His new book is out in May, a comprehensive biography of America’s 44th president. In this episode, David discusses Rising Star: The Making of Barack Obama, as well as other current events including Trump’s election, the Supreme Court, and the current state of academia.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
- What he was doing on election night and who he voted for
- How the rise of the Internet has dramatically altered US politics
- What David thought about the dossier and Buzzfeed’s publishing of it
- Trump’s Russia connection and if there are people in the intelligence community who are trying to take down Donald
- Why there is no chance that Obama wiretapped Donald Trump during the election
- Why he thinks Gorsuch should be confirmed
- What has happened the the politicizing of the Supreme Court
- Why David thinks there should be a mandatory retirement age for Supreme Court Justices
- David’s rich understand of Justice Clarence Thomas
- How Barack Obama become a politician at the Illinois State Legislature
- What Obama would disagree with in this biography of him
- What he thinks about Barack’s reaction to Trump’s election
- Why David is disappointed in the current state of academia
- What happened when he won the Pulitzer Prize at 33 years old